Saturday, August 09, 2008

New Job: Shutterfly

As some of you know, I wrapped up my gig at Wells Fargo just about a month ago. I took a little time off to work on some personal projects, which Jen graciously obliged (actually, she did refer to me as her "unemployed husband" a lot, maybe not so gracious :). A couple weeks ago, I started looking for a new, permanent job in earnest. I've landed at:

Shutterfly

Shutterfly is a website that helps folks share their memories through digital photo printing, photo books, and personalized gifts.

I'll be working on some of the back-end servers that make all that magic happen. I'm really excited because I'll be working:
  • with talented folks
  • on products real customers actually use
  • in a challenging technical environment
Each of these was an important factor in selecting Shutterfly and I can't wait to join them.

As an extra bonus, I finally get to use Linux at my day-job. Awesome!

2 comments:

Nick and Jen said...

Congrats. Was thinking about you this morning, as I was starting to dig into Grails a bit. How much messing with it have you done? Was looking at a Selenium based TDD approach to using it for a community website I manage.

Stephen Kuenzli said...

Hi Nick, I sent a bigger response to your FSL account, but I have done a fair bit of Grails, though not really anything with Selenium. I've just used what Grails calls integration tests to test controllers. Selenium is really cool-looking, though, and there is a plugin for Grails.